The USMNT roster is out, with a nice little wrinkle. There will be 26 players in camp at all times, but 29 players have been called in. That's because Jurgen Klinsmann is rotating the third keeper spot between four MLS guys to avoid making any one team irate or forcing them into playing a backup for a month. It's probably a good idea. There are no other real surprises here.
Defenders (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg)
Midfielders (10): Michael Bradley (Roma), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (Stoke City), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
*Will not participate in entire camp
- The rotating keepers thing is a good way to not piss anyone off
- Dude, Stuart Holden! We knew, but still!
- Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, Holden's still not all the way back, and this team is thin in the center/Michael Bradley dependent without him.
- Pretty neat that Sacha Kljestan has a place now and that Brek Shea is back.
- No Landon Donovan, as previously reported
- DaMarcus Beasley is listed as a defender. He had an erratic, but better than horrible time as a left back last time he played there.
- Eddie Johnson being listed as a forward is encouraging. Enough of this EJ on the left wing junk.
- Edgar Castillo haters, don't freak out. He's been good for Tijuana for a while now.
- Pour one out for Carlos Bocanegra, guys.