It’s another solid slate of Saturday action, including Antonee Robinson and Tim Ream on NBCSN and Christian Pulisic and Chelsea on big NBC supplemented by a solid slate of ESPN+ action all weekend. Let’s get to it!
There are no broadcast games on Friday, but for those hankering for some action can catch Duane Holmes as Derby County and Nottingham Forest play at 2:45p on ESPN+. A bit later on Nashville SC and the New England Revolution play at 8:30p on ESPN+.
Fulham v Crystal Palace - 10a on NBCSN
Antonee Robinson has started the last three matches (two league games and one cup match) for Fulham including last weekend when they picked up their first point of the season in a 1-1 draw with Sheffield United. It was a bit of an unfortunate result for Fulham as the blades tied the game in the 85th minute on a penalty. Despite some noise that Fulham were looking for centerback changes Tim Ream has started four of five matches for Fulham including the past three. This weekend Fulham face a Crystal Palace team that won their first two matches before losing to Everton and Chelsea and getting a 1-1 draw with Brighton.
Manchester United v Chelsea - 12:30p on NBC
Christian Pulisic got his first start of the season last weekend in Chelsea’s 3-3 draw with Southampton and followed that up by going 90 minutes midweek in the team’s scoreless draw with Sevilla in Champions League group play. It wouldn’t be shocking for Pulisic to begin this match on the bench given his recent return from injury and the short week, but the team is in 8th place with just 8 points through as many games and does need to put together some positive results to see another top four finish.
- Inter Miami CF and Orlando City face off at 2:30p on Univision. Chris Mueller and Daryl Dike continue to be a revelation for an Orlando City team that is currently in 4th place in the Eastern Conference.
Looking through the paywall:
- Bayern Munich face Eintracht Frankfurt at 9:30a on ESPN+. Chris Richards appeared in a midweek Bayern II match as he returns from injury, while Timothy Chandler hasn’t seen much time yet this season for Frankfurt.
- Tyler Adams started on the bench but saw about 30 minutes midweek for RB Leipzig in their 2-0 Champions League win. This weekend, the team faces Hertha Berlin at 9:30a on ESPN+.
- Sergiño Dest gets his first taste of El Clásico as Barcelona play Real Madrid at 10a on beIN Sports. This weekend might be a good one to take fuboTV for a spin folks.
- Giovanni Reyna came off the bench but provided the assist for BVB’s only goal in the teams 3-1 Champions League loss. Borussia Dortmund face Schalke at 12:30p on ESPN+ in the latest edition of the Revierderby.
The latest edition of El Tráfico will be Sunday afternoon on big ABC, but it isn’t the premier matchup we’ve seen in recent years. Los Angeles Football Club are currently in fourth place in the Western Conference and have had a lot of ups and downs and are not the dominant force they were last year. Meanwhile, the Galaxy sit dead last in the Western Conference, still one point behind the Colorado Rapids despite having played four additional games. LAFC don’t have much in the interest for United States Men’s National Team fans, but the Galaxy have a number of players, including Julian Araujo, Sebastian Lletget, Perry Kitchen, Sebastian Kljestan, dual-national Efrain Alvarez and Jonathan Klinsmann, who has started the past two games, just to make sure we hit all the opportunities for talking points.
Looking through the paywall:
- John Brooks and Wolfsburg face Arminia Bielefeld at 10:30a on ESPN+. Wolfsburg are looking for their first win of the season having drawn their first four matches.
- Josh Sargent and Werder Bremen have seven points from their past three matches as they face a Hoffenheim team that lost last weekend to Borussia Dortmund but bounced back with a midweek Europa League win.
- Weston McKennie remains out as Juventus face Hellas Verona at 3:45p on ESPN+.
Let us know what you’re watching this weekend in the comments section below.