There are a whopping 44 Americans that could see club action this midweek (there were 26 last week, to give you an idea of how full the slate is). Christian Pulisic, Sergiño Dest, Weston McKennie, and Yunus Musah are all in league action for their respective clubs. Plus, we have a Bundesliga extravaganza as Gio Reyna, Tyler Adams, Josh Sargent, John Brooks, and Chris Richards all have games. For bonus viewing, Tuesday and Wednesday will feature continental competition, as Johnny Cardoso and the Soñora brothers begin the group stages of the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana.
Let’s get into it! Here’s a snapshot of the USMNT players in action. (Note: I didn’t notice Aron Johannsson, Andrija Novakovich, or Ben Lederman’s games until after I took the picture).
- FC Köln v RB Leipzig, 12:30p on ESPN+: Tyler Adams and Leipzig fell to 7 points behind Bayern with their 0-0 draw to Hoffenheim Friday. They will need all 3 points as they face a hapless Köln side who have lost 3 straight and are facing the drop.
- Arminia Bielefeld v Schalke 04, 2:30p on ESPN+: Schalke have to win to stay up. Matthew Hoppe has seen his starting minutes go to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
- Chelsea FC v Brighton, 3p on Peacock: Christian Pulisic has been instrumental in Chelsea’s recent run of form. They are one point below West Ham for 4th, just beat Man City in the FA Cup semifinals, and are into the semifinals of the Champions League as well.
- Always Ready v Internacional, 6:15p on beIN Sports en Español, fuboTV, Fanatiz, Sling TV, Vidgo, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A.: Johnny Cardoso and Internacional begin the Copa Libertadores group stage with an away match in Bolivia.
Also in action:
- Frosinone v Pisa, 11a: Andrija Novakovich and Frosinone have lost 3 of 5.
- Sivasspor v Beşiktaş, 12p: Tyler Boyd was poised to face his parent club, but is unavailable due to injury.
- Warta Poznań vs Raków Częstochowa, 12p: Former Barcelona academy player Ben Lederman is only 20, and has made 9 appearances for Rakow in the Polish league this season, including playing in 3 of their last 4, starting 2. Rakow are 3rd in the Polish league, in Europa League position.
- Greuther Fürth v Braunschweig, 12:30p on ESPN+: Hamburg’s most recent loss helped Fürth climb into 2nd in the table, an automatic promotion spot. Julian Green will be looking to help them solidify their position against 15th-place Braunschweig.
- Hartberg v St. Pölten, 12:30p: Taylor Booth (19) and Brandon Servania (22) have become regulars in the midfield for St. Pölten. The club has lost 3 straight and is facing Hartberg, who are top of the relegation group in the Austrian league.
- Norwich City v Watford, 1p on ESPN+: Could Sebastian Soto see his first Norwich action, now that they’ve secured promotion back to the Premier League?
- FSV Zwickau v Bayern II, 1p: Justin Che made his Bayern II debut last week, earning rave review from his manager. We’ll see if the 17-year-old CB can keep making the most of his loan.
- SM Caen v Dunkerque, 2p: Niko Gioacchini and Caen have lost 2 straight, and need to pick up points to avoid falling into the relegation zone.
- Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers, 2p: Charlie Kelman (19) got his first Championship start last Tuesday for QPR. He and fellow Yank Geoff Cameron face Swansea.
- Northampton Town v Ipswich Town, 2p: Andre Dozzell and Ipswich travel to Sixfields Stadium.
- Austria Wien v Josko Ried, 2:30p: Erik Palmer-Brown missed Wien’s game Saturday with an illness.
- Lech Poznań vs Lechia Gdańsk, 2:30p: Aron Johannsson has only played in 2 of 5 for Lech Poznań, missing the matchday squad twice. They’ve lost 3 of those 5.
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Augsburg, 2:30p on ESPN+: Timmy Chandler has subbed on in 4 of 5 for Frankfurt, who sit 4th in the league, with Dortmund and Leverkusen chasing them.
- Hull City v Sunderland, 2:45p: Lynden Gooch and Sunderland have lost 3 straight, but still sit 3rd in League One, likely to feature in the promotion playoffs.
- WSG Wattens v RB Salzburg, 12:30p: Brenden Aaronson has started 8 straight for Jesse Marsch, as RB Salzburg keep pushing toward a 15th Austrian league title.
- Osasuna v Valencia, 1p: Yunus Musah has appeared in 5 straight off the bench for Valencia, and got an extended run after replacing the injured Thierry Correia only 9 minutes in Sunday vs Betis.
- Borussia Dortmund v Union Berlin, 2:30p on ESPN+: Dortmund need to keep winning to keep their Champions League hopes alive, and it doesn’t hurt when Gio Reyna nags a goal and an assist like he did against Bremen on Sunday.
- Werder Bremen v Mainz, 2:30p on ESPN+: Josh Sargent and Bremen have dropped 6 straight in the league, but sit safely at 13th in the table.
- Hoffenheim v Borussia Monchengladbach, 2:30p on ESPN+: Chris Richards has started 8 straight for Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga, performing so well Hoffenheim want to extend the loan or sign him on a permanent deal.
- VfB Stuttgart v VfL Wolfsburg, 2:30p on ESPN+: Wolfsburg and Stuttgart have both lost two straight. John Brooks and Wolfsburg are fighting to stay in the top 4.
- Juventus v Parma, 2:45p on ESPN+, fuboTV, Fanatiz, Rai Italia Nord America: Weston McKennie’s Juventus are 4th in Serie A, and haven’t been eliminated from the title race yet, but can’t afford losses like they gave up to Atalanta on Sunday.
- Huddersfield Town v Barnsley, 2:45p: Daryl Dike and Barnsley are just hanging on to promotion playoff position as they face Duane Holmes and the Terriers.
- Aston Villa v Manchester City, 3:15p on NBCSN, UNIVERSO, Peacock, fuboTV, Sling TV, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports App, UNIVERSO NOW, Telemendu Deportes En Vivo: Zack Steffen didn’t do anything to push Ederson for the starting job in their FA Cup loss to Chelsea; he will likely return to the bench as City face Villa.
- Guabirá v Independiente, 8:30p on Fanatiz, Vidgo, beIN SPORTS XTRA: Like Johnny, Alan Soñora also travels to Bolivia for continental competition, as Independiente kick off their Copa Sudamericana group stage.
Also in action:
- Ankaragucu v Denizlispor, 9a: Mix Diskerud has good hair and plays for Denizlispor.
- Aalborg BK v Odense BK, 12p: Emmanuel Sabbi plays in the battle of the acronyms as OB faces AaB.
- Lyngby v SønderjyskE, 12p: Haji Wright has 7 league goals this season, but none since Dec 6.
- Galatasaray v Trabzonspor, 12p: DeAndre Yedlin is out injured and will likely miss this match.
- Hannover 96 v Jahn Regensburg, 12:30p: Jann George and Regensburg face Hannover, who have lost 3 straight.
- Millwall v Bournemouth, 1p: CCV and Bournemouth are in a tremendous run of form. They’ve won 6 straight to burst into 5th in the Championship. CCV has played 1,350 consecutive league minutes.
- Mirandés v Tenerife, 1p: Shaq Moore has missed only 1 match all season for Tenerife.
- Rotherham United v Middlesbrough, 1p on ESPN+: Matt Olosunde and Rotherham won their match last Tuesday, but have lost twice since then, if that gives you an idea of their fixture congestion.
- Hibernian vs Livingston, 1p: Scottish dual-nat Scott Pittman is a regular starter for Livingston.
- Braga v Boavista, 2p: Reggie Cannon’s Boavista have won 2 of 3, pulling themselves up to 14th in the table, safe from relegation for now.
- Birmingham City v Nottingham Forest, 2:45p: Alex Mighten is getting his best run of playing time this season, starting 5 straight and scoring a goal for Forest.
- Kilmarnock vs Dundee United, 2:45p: Ian Harkes has 2 assists in Dundee United’s last 5, all of which Dillon Powers has missed due to concussion.
- AS Roma v Atalanta, 12:30p on ESPN+, fuboTV, Fanatiz, Rai Italia Nord America: Bryan Reynolds has started Roma’s last 2 on the right side of their 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2. Roma have lost 3 of 5 and need to pick up points to move up into a Champions League spot.
- FC Zürich v BSC Young Boys, 2:30p: Jordan Siebatcheu’s 10 league goals this season have helped propel Young Boys to the Swiss league title, which they hoisted on Sunday with 7 games left in the season.
- Talleres de Córdoba v Emelec, 3p: Joel Soñora and Talleres begin the Copa Sudamericana group stages at home, facing Ecuadorian side Emelec.
- FC Barcelona v Getafe, 4p on beIN SPORTS USA, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV, Fanatiz, Sling TV, Vidgo, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A.: Sergiño Dest and Barça are back in action after winning the Copa del Rey Sunday. It is tight at the top of the La Liga table, with 5 points separating Real, Barça, and Atletico.
That’s it! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s see who impresses this week!