A busy week across the fifty states as well as England, Spain, and Italy this week - in fact, so busy, I didn’t get this thread out til now! Seems like every big name is in action, but the highlights are Barcelona fighting for the La Liga crown on Tuesday, Chelsea, Juve, and Roma Wednesday, and Dortmund-Leipzig in the DFB Pokal Final on Thursday.
Let’s get into it! Here’s a snapshot of USMNT players in action:
- Levante v FC Barcelona, 4p on beIN SPORTS, fuboTV: Sergiño Dest has started at RWB in Barça’s last two. The Blaugranes missed a golden opportunity to take control of their La Liga destiny when they drew Atlético Madrid 0-0 Saturday. They now sit 2 points behind Atléti, even with Real Madrid, and absolutely need 3 points away to Levante with only 2 more matches to go.
Also in action:
- Vaduz v Young Boys, 12:15p: Jordan Siebatcheu has played in the last 10 games for the Swiss champions, notching 3 goals and 2 assists.
- St. Pölten v Altach, 12:30p: Taylor Booth and Brandon Servania’s loan club needs to pick up 5 points in their last 3 games to avoid being relegated to Austria’s second tier.
- Hobro v Skive, 1p: Christian Cappis (Danish 2nd)
- Denizlispor v Galatasaray, 1:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: DeAndre Yedlin and Mix Diskerud’s clubs meet, with Galatasaray only 1 point out of Champions League qualification, while Denizlispor have been relegated. Yedlin likely still out due to ankle injury.
- Fenerbahce v Sivasspor, 1:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Tyler Boyd missed Sivasspor’s last match due to injury.
- Austria Wien v Hartberg, 2:30p: Erik Palmer-Brown has started 2 straight for Wien, after missing the previous 3.
- Sporting CP v Boavista, 3:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Like Dest, Reggie Cannon has started regularly at RWB for Boavista, who sit 16th of 18 in the Portuguese table (relegation playoff position). A win for Sporting CP would give them the league title in front of their home fans (they travel to Benfica next).
- Deportivo Táchira v Internacional, 6:15p on Fanatiz: Johnny Cardoso hasn’t been in the squad for Internacional’s first 3 games in the Copa Libertadores group stage.
- Torque v Independiente, 8:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Alan Soñora went 82’ and was the top-rated outfield player for Independiente against Bahia in their most recent Copa Sudamericana match.
- Talleres v Deportes Tolima, 8:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Joel Soñora has subbed on to all 3 Copa Sudamericana matches for Talleres: a win, a loss, and a draw.
- Chelsea FC v Arsenal FC, 3:15p on NCBSN, fuboTV: Christian Pulisic and Chelsea come in riding high after wins over Real Madrid and Man City; will Pulisic starting in the London Derby? On the other side, Folarin Balogun has played in every competition except the Premier League for Arsenal this year.
- Sevilla v Valencia, 1p on beIN SPORTS, fuboTV: Yunus Musah and Valencia face Sevilla, who have already sealed a Champions League place for next season.
- RB Salzburg v Rapid Wien, 2:30p on FTF: Brenden Aaronson notched a brace Sunday against Sturm Graz.
- Sassuolo v Juventus, 2:45p on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, fuboTV: Weston McKennie and Juventus are 1 point out of Champions League qualification.
- Inter Milan v AS Roma, 2:45p on ESPN+; Bryan Reynolds got the start at LB for Roma on Sunday.
Also in action:
- Schalke 04 v Hertha Berlin, 12p on ESPN+; Matthew Hoppe made a 5-minute cameo in Schalke’s only game since they were officially relegated.
- BK Hacken v Örebro, 12:30p: Last game was the first time Romain Gall didn’t play, after appearing in 4 straight for Örebro.
- Djurgardens v Östersunds, 12:30p: Nebiyou Perry has played in all 5 to start the season with Östersunds.
- Dundee United v Motherwell, 1p: Ian Harkes his started 4 straight for Dundee, while Dillon Powers has been sidelined with a concussion.
- Livingston v Rangers, 1p: Scottish dual-nat attacking mid Scott Pittman faces Steven Gerrard’s side.
- Telstar v Jong Ajax, 2p: Alex Mendez has played in 9 of Jong Ajax’s last 11 games, notching a goal and 2 assists.
- Genk v Anderlecht, 2:45p on ESPN+: Battle of Belgium-based centerbacks features Mark McKenzie and Matt Miazga.
- Revolution II v Union Omaha, 5p on ESPN+; The Revs’ reserve side features several youngsters, including ‘05 midfielder Noel Buck.
- Toronto FC v Columbus Crew, 7p on ESPN+; The battle of domestic strikers features Jozy Altidore, Gyasi Zardes, and Ayo Akinola. They have a combined 0 goals in MLS to date, and only Zardes has scored in any competition. He put a brace past Real Estelí of Nicaragua in the Crew’s first CCL game. It helps that Akinola and Altidore have missed 3 and 4 games due to injury, respectively.
- Philadelphia Union v New England Revolution, 7:30p on ESPN+; MLS’s last surviving CCL club, featuring US midfielders Anthony Fontana and Leon Flach, faces one of MLS’ premier shot-stoppers in Matt Turner. Jack McGlynn (17) also started for Philly last time out.
- Inter Miami v CF Montréal, 7:30p on ESPN+; Djordje Mihailovic and Mason Toye started the year off strong with Montreal, scoring a combined 3 goals in the first 2 games, but none in their last 2, which Djordje played in but Toye did not.
- Houston Dynamo v Sporting Kansas City, 8:30p on ESPN+; Gianluca Busio (1 goal) and U20-eligible goalkeeper John Pulskamp travel to Houston.
- Minnesota United v Vancouver Whitecaps, 9p on ESPN+; Hassani Dotson scored last week, and has had some nice moments for Minnesota since returning from Olympic qualifying, playing mainly as a winger.
- San Jose Earthquakes v Seattle Sounders, 10:30p on ESPN+, fuboTV, Amazon Prime Video; Cade Cowell is 17 years old and has 2 goals, 3 assists in 4 games to start the season.
- Sacramento Republic v Las Vegas Lights, 10:30p on ESPN+; Las Vegas has an interesting arrangement with LAFC. LAFC loaned down several players for the first USL game of the year, notably GK Tomas Romero (20), mid Bryce Duke (20), and forward Christian Torres (17).
- RB Leipzig v Borussia Dortmund, 2:45pon ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, fuboTV: Gio Reyna and Tyler Adams face off in the DFB Pokal final.
Also in action:
- Heracles v Feyenoord, 8:30a on ESPN+: Luca de la Torre hasn’t missed a league match for Heracles since Oct 3.
- Waalwijk v Twente, 8:30a: Kik Pierie has missed Twente’s last 2 with a hamstring injury.
- Randers vs SønderjyskE, 9a: Haji Wright’s club is in the Danish cup final.
- Holstein Kiel v Jahn Regensburg, 9:30a: Jann George returned from a muscle fiber injury in Jahn Regensburg’s last match.
- Antwerp v Brugge, 12:30p on ESPN+; Brugge are top of the Belgian league, which is nice, but it has been 97 days since Ethan Horvath has played for them.
- DC United v Chicago Fire, 8p on ESPN+, fuboTV; Moses Nyeman (17) has started in the midfield for DC the last 2 times out.
- Tacoma Defiance v San Diego Loyal, 10p on ESPN+: Seattle’s USL affiliate features youngsters like Sota Kitahara (18), Reed Baker-Whiting (16), Juan Alvarez (16), and Obed Vargas (15), (all midfielders).
- Santos Laguna v Monterrey, 10:05p: Mexico dual-national striker Santiago Muñoz (18) has 3 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches for Santos. They meet Rayados in the playoff quarterfinals.
That’s it! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s see who impresses this week!