Midweek? Try beginning of the week! We have matches starting today that include USMNT players, so check out what you can watch this week to keep soccer on your TV!
- Jong PSV v Almere City, 3p: Richy Ledezma created 4 chances in his first 45’ cameo with Jong PSV after returning from the ACL injury that kept him out a full 12 months. He’s not been in the Jong squad since then, being in the first-team squad 4 times (including 2 sub appearances), but he could see more minutes today, since the first team doesn’t play until next Sunday.
- Pumas UNAM v Toluca, 10p on TUDN, fuboTV (free trial), TUDN.com: Sebastián Saucedo will be looking to start the Clausura off strong with Pumas, after a disappointing Apertura, where he registered just 1 goal and 1 assist across 19 games, including playoffs. While Pumas finished 11th of 18 in the Apertura, they went on a Cinderella run all the way to the playoff semifinals, losing to eventual champions Atlas.
- Reading v Fulham, 3p: Antonee Robinson and Tim Ream’s Fulham side have stuttered since late November, with 4 draws and 1 loss from their last 5 in the league. They’ve dropped to third in the table, outside automatic promotion places, but only trail Blackburn by 1 point for second place. This matchup vs 21st-place Reading could be just what they need to get back in the win column.
- Bolton v Wycombe, 3p: Marlon Fossey joined Bolton in League One on loan from Fulham U23, where he was the starting right back. After signing with Wanderers on Jan 3, he went 90’ on Jan 4 in their 0-1 Carabao Cup round of 16 loss to Hartlepool (League Two). He’ll hope to retain his starting position in the first league match since his arrival.
- Atalanta v Venezia, 8:30a on Paramount+: Gianluca Busio and Tanner Tessmann face Atalanta in the Coppa Italia round of 16. Atalanta gave them a thorough 4-0 spanking in the league Nov 30, part of a 7-game run Venezia is going through with 5 losses and 2 draws. The Venetians are just 4 pts above relegation position.
- Maccabi Haifa v Beitar Jerusalem, 1p: Josh Cohen and Maccabi Haifa have won 9 straight in the league, outscoring their opponents 32-5. Their last win brought them top of the table. They face 11th-place Beitar in the cup round of 16.
- FC Barcelona v Real Madrid, 2p on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN+, fuboTV, Sling TV: Transfer rumors continue to swirl around Sergiño Dest, but he is a Barcelona player for now. Barça face their archenemy in the Super Cup semifinal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- West Ham v Norwich City, 2:45p on Peacock: Halfway through the Premier League season, Josh Sargent’s Norwich are the worst team by both points and goal differential (-34), and struggled to beat third-tier Charlton in the FA Cup on Sunday. At the same time, they are only 3 pts from 17th-place Watford, who have lost 6 straight in the league. The Canaries will be hoping that the second 17 games of the season bring them just a few more points so they can hold survive for another season in the Prem next year.
- Tottenham v Chelsea, 2:45p on ESPN+ (free trial): Christian Pulisic took care of business in their home leg of the Carabao Cup semifinal, taking a 2-0 lead over Spurs. Pulisic is in fine form, scoring vs Liverpool in the league and then getting an assist and drawing a penalty in Chelsea’s 5-1 romp over Chesterfield in the FA Cup Saturday.
- Inter Milan v Juventus, 3p: Weston McKennie’s influence with the Bianconeri continues to grow, as he provided the crucial pass for De Sciglio’s winner in the 4-3 comeback over Roma Sunday. Juve move on to face Inter in the Super Cup final at the San Siro.
- Vizela v FC Porto, 3:45p: Alex Méndez and Alejandro Alvarado are into Portugal’s cup quarter-finals with Vizela. Méndez has 2 goals in 3 cup games so far this season. 45 of Alvarado’s 50 first-team minutes this year came in the second half of Vizela’s second cup game.
- Liverpool v Arsenal, 2:45p on ESPN+: Folarin Balogun seems unlikely to suit up for the Gunners in the Carabao Cup semifinal at Anfield. The teenage striker has been widely linked with a loan move this January, likely to Middlesbrough.
That’s it! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s see who impresses this week!