All the action is packed into two days this weekend, but there is an abundance of important matches in those two days including teams looking to control their destiny down the stretch, teams needing some help and not able to afford a misstep, and Chelsea looking to add to their trophy case with an FA Cup Final. Let’s jump right to Saturday’s busy slate of action.
Chelsea FC v Leicester City - 12:30p on ESPN+
Christian Pulisic looks to add to the 2021 USMNT trophy case when Chelsea meet Leicester City on Saturday afternoon in the FA Cup Final. The team is coming off a 1-0 loss to Arsenal FC in midweek Premier League action on Wednesday, a match which Pulisic started and played the full 90. Chelsea reached the final by defeating Manchester City 1-0 in the Semi-final in the middle of April, and will now face a Leicester side that sits third in the EPL table, has beaten them once already in league play this season, will face Chelsea again next week in their penultimate EPL match. Leicester are coming off a 2-1 win over Manchester United on Tuesday and reached the final by way of victories over Southampton in the semi-final and Manchester United in the quarters.
- Catch a last glimpse of Antonee Robinson playing for Fulham FC in the Premier League when they face Southampton at 10a on NBCSN. The team is bound for relegation but perhaps Antonee will get a transfer and be able to stay in the top tier, as he has been a top performer for the club this season.
- The LA Galaxy with Sebastian Lletget and Julian Araujo face Austin FC and um, Nick Lima, at 3:50p on TUDN and Univision Saturday afternoon.
Looking through the paywall:
- Josh Sargent and Werder Bremen picked up a key point las weekend in the battle to avoid relegation with their draw with Bayer Leverkusen. A win in their matchup with Augsburg this weekend at 9:30a on ESPN+ would see them jump their opponent in the standings and add some cushion in their quest to remain in the Bundesliga.
- Chris Richards missed Hoffenheim’s 4-2 victory over Schalke last weekend with a hamstring injury and the team really has nothing left to play for in this campaign so presumably they will be conservative with his usage as the team takes on relegation battling Arminia Bielefeld at 9:30a on ESPN+.
- Pellegrino Matarazzo and Stuttgart look to finish their season strong over the last two weeks as they go into a matchup with Borussia Monchengladbach at 9:30a on ESPN+.
- Matthew Hoppe saw his first start in six weeks in Schalke’s 2-1 loss to Hertha Berlin on Wednesday. The team face Eintracht Frankfurt, who are seeking a Champions League spot, at 9:30a on ESPN+.
- Weston McKennie and Juventus have a tough matchup as they try to work their way into Champions League qualification but have a matchup with league winning Inter Milan at Noon on ESPN+.
- Michael Bradley, Jozy Altidore and Toronto FC face James Sands, Keaton Parks and New York City FC at 1:08p on ESPN+.
- Bryan Reynolds sat midweek in Roma’s 3-1 loss to Inter Milan, but got the start last week in the club’s 5-0 win over Crotone. The team plays Lazio on Saturday at 2:45p on ESPN+.
- Atlanta United with Miles Robinson and George Bello face Djordje Mihalovic and the Montreal Impact at 7:08p on ESPN+.
- The Philadelphia Union face off with the New York Red Bulls and Caden Clark on Saturday at 7:38p on ESPN+.
- Minnesota United meet FC Dallas and their collection of USMNT possibilities, including Tanner Tessman, Ricardo Pepi, and Paxton Pomykal at 8:08p on ESPN+.
- Cole Bassett, Kellyn Acosta and the Colorado Rapids take on Tab Ramos’ Houston Dynamo at 9:08p on ESPN+.
- Real Salt Lake and everyones favorite WWE heel David Ochoa face Nashville SC and Walker Zimmermann at 9:38p on ESPN+.
- Cade Cowell, Jackson Yueill and the San Jose Earthquakes meet the Portland Timbers at 10:08p on ESPN+.
Seattle Sounders v LAFC - 9:55p on FS1
Cristian Roldan continued his hot start with a banger on Wednesday against the San Jose Earthquakes as the league leading Seattle Sounders continued their unbeaten start to the season and improved their record to 4-0-1. Roldan has played played every minute thus far this season and was joined in the starting lineup on Wednesday by Danny Leyva and Ethan Dobbelaere, a pair of 18-year-olds looking to make waves this season for the Sounders. This weekend the team will be facing an LAFC coming off a 2-1 loss to the LA Galaxy. Corey Baird started and played 70 minutes in the loss.
- Owen Otasowie wasn’t included in the squad one week after getting his first start this year for the Wolverhampton Wanderers, who now face Tottenham Hotspur at 9:05a on NBCSN.
- FC Cincinnati and um, Geoff Cameron, face Inter Miami FC at 4:10p on Fox.
- Matt Turner and the New England Revolution face Gyasi Zardes and the Columbus Crew at 6:13p on ESPN2.
Looking through the paywall:
- Borussia Dortmund now control their own fate in their quest to qualify for Champions League competition next season, but will need to avoid a letdown coming off their DFB Pokal victory when they face Mainz at Noon on ESPN+.
- Yunus Musah and Valencia face Eibar at 12:30p on Fanatiz USA and beIN Sports.
- Sergino Dest and FC Barcelona will need significant help to claim La Liga this season, but look to finish the season strong as the face Celta de Vigo sunday afternoon at 12:30p on Fanatiz USA and beIN Sports.
- RB Leipzig and Wolfsburg both look in good position to finish in Champions League qualifying spots but the top three matchup should be entertaining. Tyler Adams has missed the last two matches for Leipzig while John Brooks continues to be a rock at the back for Wolfsburg. The teams meet at 2:30p on ESPN+.
- Gideon Zelalem and Sporting Kansas City face the Vancouver Whitecaps at 2:08p on ESPN+.
- DC United face Orlando City at 8:08p on ESPN+. Paul Arriola has returned for DC United and Moses Neyman continues to see regular playing time, while Chris Mueller continues to get time for an Orlando club who have a win and three draws in their first four matches this season.