It’s a quieter midweek than usual this time, but still plenty of action with Christian Pulisic and Zack Steffen in the Premier League, Weston McKennie in the Coppa Italia final, plus Santiago Muñoz in the Liga MX semifinals and Lynden Gooch pushing for promotion with Sunderland!
Let’s get into it! Here’s a snapshot of USMNT players in action:
- Brighton v Manchester City, 2p: Zack Steffen will be hoping for a start, after Pep Guardiola handed a surprise start to 35-year-old keeper Scott Carson in City’s first game since clinching the title.
- Chelsea FC v Leicester City, 3:15p on Universo, fuboTV: Christian Pulisic will be looking to play a larger role than he did when these clubs met on Saturday in the FA Cup final. Leicester lifted that trophy, but this game might actually be more important, with Champions League places on the line (Leicester third with 66 pts, Chelsea fourth with 64 pts, Liverpool fifth with 63 pts).
Also in action:
- Degerfors IF v Örebro SK, 12:30p: Romain Gall has played in 5 of 6 for Örebro to start the new Swedish club season, on loan from Malmö.
- Manchester United v Fulham FC, 1p: Antonee Robinson has been ruled out due to ankle injury.
- Grenoble v Paris FC, 2:45p: 19-year-old forward Patrick Koffi has played twice for Paris FC this season. They are in the promotion playoffs to reach Ligue 1 next season.
- Independiente v Bahia, 6:15p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Alan Soñora has played in Independiente’s last two Copa Sudamericana matches.
- Loudoun United v Red Bulls II, 7p on ESPN+: 20-year-old Jake LaCava has scored 2 goals in 3 games to start the season for Red Bulls II.
- Talleres v RB Bragantino, 8:30p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Joel Soñora has subbed in to all 4 of Talleres’ Copa Sudamericana games so far.
- Lincoln City v Sunderland, 1p on ESPN+: Lynden Gooch and 4th-place Sunderland face 5th-place Lincoln City in leg one of the promotion playoffs to reach the Championship.
- Atalanta v Juventus, 3p on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN+, fuboTV: Weston McKennie could lift a second domestic trophy in this Coppa Italia final. Juventus may not even field a first-choice starting XI in this one, as they desperately need to win their season finale Sunday to secure a Champions League place.
Also in action:
- Everton v Wolves, 1p: Owen Otasowie has missed Wolves’ last two matches due to a knock, and is unlikely for this one.
- Crystal Palace v Arsenal FC, 2p: Folarin Balogun could make his Premier League debut, since Arsenal can’t qualify for Europe and are safe from the drop.
- Gil Vicente v Boavista, 3p: Reggie Cannon and Boavista can guarantee safety by winning their last game of the regular season.
- Tenerife v Mallorca, 3:30p: Shaq Moore and Tenerife still have 3 games left in Segunda Division play.
- Atlanta United 2 v FC Tulsa, 7:30p on ESPN+: Tyler Wolff (18) scored a nice half-volley for ATL 2 Sunday night.
- LA Galaxy II v Sporting KC II, 10:30p on ESPN+: Jorge Hernandez (20) has scored 2 beautiful free kicks in 3 games for Los Dos.
- Genk v Antwerp, 12:30p on ESPN+: Mark McKenzie went 90’ for Genk last time out, after only playing 3 minutes total in their previous 3. Genk look set to enter Champions League qualifiers next year; it would take a dramatic turn for them to miss out on that or to win the league with 2 games remaining.
- Anderlecht v Brugge, 3p on ESPN+: Ethan Horvath and Matt Miazga’s clubs face off, with Brugge looking to put a bow on the Belgian league title.
- Santos Laguna v Puebla, 10p: Santiago Muñoz has been relegated to the bench for Santos in the playoffs, after starting their final 11 games in the Clausura. They face Puebla in the semifinal first leg, after knocking off Rayados in the quarters.
Also in action:
- Lyngby v Odense BK, 12p: Emmanuel Sabbi and Odense face a club that has lost 5 straight.
- AC Horsens v SønderjyskE, 12p: Haji Wright has 3 goals in 8 games since the Danish league split into championship and relegation groups.
- Olimpia v Internacional, 8p on Fanatiz, fuboTV: Johnny made the bench for Internacional’s last game in the Copa Libertadores.
That’s it! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s see who impresses this week!